Our classes typically take place in hotels, and we follow this general schedule:
- First day of class (usually a Saturday): sign-in and continental breakfast starts at 8:00am. Class starts at 8:30am.
- Second day of class (usually a Sunday): continental breakfast starts at 8:00am and class starts at 8:30am (same times, but you don’t need to sign in)
- Continental breakfast typically includes coffee, tea, decaf, muffins, donuts, fresh fruit, etc. but varies by hotel and time of year.
- Attendees are on their own for lunch. We will break for about an hour for everyone to get lunch. Your instructors will be able to suggest some nearby restaurants.
- There will be short (10-15 minute) breaks throughout the day, approximately every two hours.
- We will have both a morning and an afternoon snack break (catered by the hotel).
- Attendees will be on their own for dinner after the class has ended for the day.
- Class usually ends between 8:30pm-9:30pm both days.
Please take note of the following issues:
- We do not usually have control over the air conditioning or heating. Please dress warmly (even in the summer) and in layers so you can adjust to a temperature that is appropriate for you.
- We do not allow recreational drugs or alcohol in the class.
- Recording devices and laptop computers are not permitted.
- All you need to bring are a few pens or pencils and a notebook for taking notes.
- You will receive a copy of our giant log home building workbook and reference CD at the class (these are not available separately).
If you have any questions about what to bring, what to expect, how to find us, etc., please refer to the welcome emails we send out after you sign up for your class spot. If you didn’t receive one or if you have a question that isn’t answered, don’t hesitate to contact us.