These days, all of our classes are in Las Vegas, NV. The reason for this is that Las Vegas is generally the least expensive city for everyone in the United States to visit. There’s also lots of fun things to do before and after the class, or for your family members to do if you are attending without them. Here is our current schedule:
- Next class: Feb 25th & 26th, (Sat/Sun), 2017 at Flamingo Las Vegas Resort in Las Vegas
- Sorry, sold out — sign up for email alerts when we add a new class here
- This will be the last class before the Spring building season starts
- Space in this class is still available but strictly limited. Sign up early if you definitely want to attend.
- No other classes scheduled at this time
- Cost of the class is $795 per person, or $695 each for groups of two or more (automatically deducted during checkout)
What is included
- Lifetime membership in the Log Home Builders Association
- Free lifetime technical support for your build is available 24/7 on our online forums
- Membership includes one log home class for one person (the member)
- You will receive our gigantic workbook and reference CD at the class (these are not available separately)
- After attending a class, members get access to the top secret members sections of our online forums
- Although it should never be necessary, members may audit the class at 50% off the current membership rate (on a space available basis) by presenting their membership card
- The opportunity to get hands-on practice by helping other members build their log homes
- You can also request other members to help build your log home for free
- Your class is covered by our iron-clad, no-questions-asked, satisfaction guarantee. We are so certain that you will be overjoyed with our class, that if you aren’t happy for any reason, your money will be cheerfully refunded, even three months after you attend.
What is NOT included
- Travel (airfare and hotel) are not included with your class. You are free to stay at any hotel in the area that meets your needs and/or budget
- Most meals are not included. The class will include a continental breakfast both days, and snacks/refreshments throughout the day. Attendees are on their own for a lunch break and dinner after class. There are many inexpensive restaurant options near the class location
Who is this class for?
This class is for average men and women who want to build their own log home the right way. That means without a kit, and for the lowest price possible. This class is appropriate for people who have never built anything before, and also for professional builders who are simply new to log construction.
If you have been shopping around for a log home kit, this class is for you as well. Even if you decide not to build your own log home from scratch, you will be fully aware of what you are getting into. And you will be able to detect when “kit” salespeople are lying to you.
Our instructors are friendly and can handle every type of question. We don’t have any grizzled old drill sergeants who will bark at you when you want more details about something. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Some general notes about our class:
- We only schedule classes a few months in advance
- Classes don’t happen that often and when they do, they ALWAYS sell out before the class date
- Sign up early if you want to attend! Our available space is strictly limited by the hotel, and once it is sold out, there is no more
- We usually have around 3-5 classes per year. However, there was a period of over 5 years when there were no classes at all
- We have not had any price increases in at least 5 years, but we reserve the right to raise prices at any time. Those who have already paid for a class will not be affected by any price increases
- Skip recommended that his students attend the class at least two years before they start to build, if possible
Future class dates
If there is no class scheduled (above) that you can attend, we will be happy to send you an email when we add a new class to the schedule. Just visit our class alerts page to sign up.