The Roto-Clip log trimming disc. The easiest, safest and most most affordable tool to use when smoothing and shaping logs to install windows and doors. Also great for smoothing knots, and restoring fire damage.
- This is the Aggressive version. Cuts deeper with each pass compared to the Original Roto-clip.
- Take shaving off log 1/4″ to 1/2″ wide and about 1″ long
- Special heat treat allows disc to be sharpened
- Can be sharpened up to 20 times for full life of disc
- Very safe due to smooth edge (all the sharp parts are under the disk).
In the old days, if you wanted to work a log to install a window or door, then you’d use a slick and wooden mallet. That works great, it’s just slow and tiring.
A lot of people within the industry use shaping discs attached to angle grinders. Some have sharp teeth around the perimeter, others have chainsaw chain wrapped around the edge of the disc.
With those discs, one slip and the edge of the disc can contact skin causing massive harm. Just ask Ed Sanders, who was injured by such a disc on the TV show Extreme Home Makeover.
Don’t end up like Ed. If he had been using a roto-clip, then when the edge of the disc contacted his skin he’d simply have received a little abrasion, not a deep cut. That’s because the edge of the Roto-clip is smooth like the edge of a frisbee! The cutting blades are on the underside of the Roto-clip, not around the perimeter of the disc.