Ridgid has produced a right angle drill that is similar to the Milwaukee Hole Hawg, with one notable addition — a clutch in low gear.
The clutch actually increases safety. On a drill that lacks a clutch, if the bit binds within the hole the drill will immediately start to spin in the opposite direction that the bit was spinning. That’s a quick way to get a hard knock on the head.
On a drill with a clutch, if the bit binds within the hole then the drill gears disengage which prevents the drill from spinning. This Ridgid drill is still a fairly new product, so long term durability and performance are unknown.
- Ridgid R7130
- 8 Amps / 120 Volt
- Weight 12.5lb
- 1/2″ chuck
- No load speeds 300/600/1200
- Ship weight approx 20lb
- Manual is on this 3rd party website
Rent me Free program details:
- LHBA members may rent this tool for free
- You are responsible for return shipping
- LHBA staff will contact you before shipping the item to confirm your membership status
- Your credit card will be charged the full price upon checkout
- Receive a full refund if the item is returned within 30 days
- If pre-arranged via email a onetime 30 day extension is allowed
- Non-commercial personal use only
- Reasonable wear and tear from normal use will is ok and will not affect your refund
- Continental United States only
- No refund will be issued if the item is kept longer than 60 days (you then own it)
- No refund will be issued if the item is returned damaged
- No refund will be issued if the tool is lost. We recommend insuring the package when you return the item
This is kind of like borrowing a tool from your buddy next door. “You’re welcome to use it, please don’t keep it too long and if ya break it ya replace it.” 🙂